A diet for weight loss includes low-calorie foods prepared in a special way and drinks that allow you to maintain water balance and normal vital functions of the body. As a rule, such drinks include mineral water, but taking into account its salt composition, so as not to harm the work of internal organs and systems. One more variant is to make drinks by ourselves from simple and available ingredients, with the exclusion or minimization of sugar. Alcohol is out of the question. About what a diet without alcohol, you will learn from the article. This information should be of interest to drancorexics.
- Options for diet drinks.
- What to give up.
- Rating of the most effective drinks for weight loss.
- What to drink every night.
Options for diet drinks
The norm of fluid intake is individual and is calculated on the basis of 40 ml per kilogram of weight. But it is worth paying attention to physiological features, the presence of concomitant diseases, especially – kidney and heart. In such cases, the drinking ration is strictly controlled by the doctor. Another important nuance is the temperature of drinks: hot drinks are absorbed faster, and cold drinks stimulate the synthesis of gastric juice, increases the rate of digestion of the food lump. In addition, cold drinks activate the synthesis of ghrelin, a hormone that controls hunger and is affiliated with leptin, which is responsible for satiety and gaining extra pounds.
So it is an illusion that drinking while dieting is neutral and has no effect on the result. A cup of hot tea 20 minutes before a meal, suppresses the appetite, and a glass of cold water during a meal – activates digestion and sense of hunger. Most often dietitians focus weight loss on water, because it:
- normalizes the water balance;
- detoxifies the body;
- visually improves the skin by moisturizing it;
- prevents heart attacks;
- relieves fatigue and fills with energy.
The optimum is pure non-carbonated or melted water. The latter is easy to obtain by first putting a container of water in the freezer, and after 40 minutes take it out, throw away the first ice that contains heavy impurities, return the container to the freezer and thaw it as needed. From such water make tea, decoctions of herbs, any diet drinks.
If we are talking about tea, then during the diet, any will do. He will not just create the illusion of satiety, but also will remove excess fluid from the body, as a diuretic. To activate its dietary properties, lemon is added to the tea (the exception is kartade). The main condition for its benefits is the absence of sugar. Lemon dulls the feeling of hunger and minimizes the level of glucose. Citrus acid speeds up digestion and stimulates the breakdown of fats.
Ginger also burns fat. Its tart taste is pleasant to most patients, it has a great chemical composition. In addition, the root cleanses the body, increases thermoregulation, activating the burning of lipids. Therefore, ginger is used not only for weight loss, but also for acute respiratory infections, colds, respiratory diseases, ENT infections.
The natural antibiotic that potentiates ginger is garlic. The trio: ginger, garlic and lemon – a killer combination for germs in colds.Cinnamon, with its pronounced “pastry” aroma, dulls the feeling of hunger and makes tea drinking twice as pleasant. In addition, it:
- stops flatulence;
- blocks the reproduction of microbes;
- cleanses the mucosa of the digestive tube;
- balances the gastrointestinal tract;
- the aroma of cinnamon creates the illusion of sweetness, so it is used as a sugar substitute.
Juices during the diet are problematic. Freshly squeezed juices contain almost no fiber, but are rich in fructose, which activates the synthesis of insulin. It, in turn, is affiliated with leptin and is involved in the development of leptin resistance, that is, it prevents weight loss. This is why nutritionists recommend smoothies where fruit takes up only one-third of the drink.
Apple cider vinegar also significantly activates digestion. In combination with honey, it can also be useful for the joints.
Herbal decoctions to introduce into the diet can only be a doctor. Herbs strongly affect the functioning of many organs and systems, especially when it comes to bitterness. You can minimize the bitterness with milk. Often during the diet, an infusion of flax seed is used. Such decoction helps to lose weight and is a source of rare trace elements.
Kefir is generally recognized as a diet drink, but it can fully replace a meal. Plus, it restores intestinal microflora and qualitatively improves digestion.
What you should avoid
Not all drinks are good for diets, some should be avoided, such as:
- sodas with sugars and colorings, preservatives;
- alcoholic beverages with high caloric and glycemic index, which activate appetite;
- store-bought juices made from powdered powder with the maximum amount of sugar.
Chlorinated tap water, which kills all the useful elements together with harmful ones, is prohibited for diet drinks. Mineral water should also not be abused: it has an individual composition of salts (minerals) and is not suitable for everyone. Moreover, the sulfates it contains block the absorption of calcium.
Rating of the most effective drinks for weight loss
It is both simple and very difficult at the same time, you have to think and make an informed decision:
- Water is the leader: half a liter of pure water for an hour and a half after consumption will activate the metabolic rate by 30%. It is clear that in such a scenario, it is possible to remove extra pounds without drastically changing the diet and physical activity. It is optimal to drink 300 ml of water a day for a quarter of an hour before each meal. The trouble is that drinking a lot of water is not as easy as it seems. Therefore, during the diet, it is recommended to diversify your menu with several kinds of healthy homemade drinks.
- Lemonades – homemade versions are much healthier than store-bought ones. Fruit, vegetables, berries are used for cooking. Lemon with mint and strawberries, currants, cucumbers.
- Coconut water – the prerogative of movie stars and media personalities, because it perfectly burns fat, having minimal calories and acting quickly, in parallel reduces blood pressure, removes low-density cholesterol from the body and normalizes blood glucose levels.
- Even connoisseurs are confused about the varieties of tea. Those who lose weight should take into account that there is white tea, which breaks down fats and blocks their new accumulation, undergoes a mini-heat treatment, which allows it to retain maximum useful substances. There is green tea, an antioxidant with flavonoids that improves metabolism and prevents the formation of tumors. There is rooibos, from the leaves of the plant of the same name, which contains antioxidants that can break down hypodermic fats. There is oolong – milk tea, because it has the flavor of the famous drink, this variety activates the oxidation of lipids and helps to lose weight quickly. There is mint tea, an herbal concoction that blocks appetite and works like the hormone leptin, sending a signal to the brain to stop eating.
- Coffee – only in mini quantities, without milk, cream or sugar. You can – with lemon, together – it will suppress appetite and speed up the metabolism. This drink is contraindicated if you have high blood pressure. Since coffee is a diuretic, each cup of coffee should be followed with a glass of water to prevent dehydration.
- Juices – only freshly squeezed citrus fruits, which can stimulate the production of gastric juice, and in combination with celery, cucumbers and cabbage – the result will surpass all expectations.
- Compotes – without sugar, because the fructose from the fruit is enough. It can be consumed hot or chilled. The most effective is ginger compote with apples.
- Sour-milk products – contain lactobacilli, which normalize intestinal microflora and fight against pathologies of the digestive system. There are many varieties: kefir, yogurt, carbonated ayran, whey. The latter consists of 90% water and is rich in amino acids and protein. Whey is very well suited for days of detoxification, it can replace one of the meals or it can be added to fruit and vegetable smoothies. Separately, you should drink the drink warm 20 minutes before a meal.
Thus, it is important to choose the right type of drink for weight loss and to know how and when to drink it. For example, on an empty stomach you drink water with lemon. After half an hour, you can have breakfast, including additional juice at the same meal. Water with lemon is effective even before lunch, and instead of dinner – smoothie from berries or fruits (vegetables).
Most drinks can be made at home in minutes. Here are some recipes:
- Kiwi lemonade with cucumber: 6 kiwi, 2 cucumbers per 1.5 liters of water and ice. Chop peeled fruit and vegetables with a blender and water, pour into glasses, serve with ice.
- Lemonade with cayenne pepper helps you lose 5 pounds in three days if you mono-diet, although its caloric value is about 100 kcal per 100 grams: 200 ml of fresh lemon juice, 10 tablespoons of sugar-free maple syrup, 5 g of pepper, 2 liters of water. Mix lemon juice, syrup, add pepper. Dilute with water, stir, drink when hunger strikes in small sips up to 9 glasses a day.
- Compote with ginger, lemon, rose hips: ginger root, two lemons, 3 tablespoons of honey, 150 grams of rose hips for 3 liters of water. In boiling water – finely chopped and peeled ginger, rose hips, lemon slices. Slowly simmer for 20 minutes, cool, add honey. Drink for dessert.
- Grapefruit and pineapple smoothie: half a pineapple, a grapefruit, half a liter of kefir. Peel all fruit, chop into pieces, grind in a blender with kefir, drink instead of breakfast.
- Vegetable smoothie: 2 stalks of celery, a bunch of dill and 300 ml of kefir. All grinded in a blender and drunk in the morning or at night.
- Vinegar water: 300 ml of water, 10 ml of vinegar, 10 g of honey, a pinch of cinnamon. Mix everything, take on an empty stomach half an hour before breakfast. This is a powerful stimulant of metabolic processes.
- Mug of berries: 300 g cranberries, 400 – black currant, 50 g of honey for 3 liters of water. Pour cold water over berries, bring to a boil, simmer on low heat for an hour, cool, add honey, drink for dessert.
What to drink at bedtime
The last meal is four hours before bedtime, no later. You can drink in between:
- nonfat kefir, which keeps you full for a long time and blocks the accumulation of fat in the hypodermis;
- herbal tea (chamomile is optimal) soothes, relaxes muscles, and helps you sleep;
- coconut water contains magnesium, which helps improve muscle contractility, including the myocardium;
- magnesium prevents insomnia, night cramps.
Green tea at night is taboo because it contains caffeine, which excites the nerves.
Thus, diet drinks improve the effectiveness of any weight loss program by burning fat and blocking hunger. Water is considered to be the best drink, while in the period of weight loss suitable and tea, decoctions of herbs, freshly squeezed juices and sour milk products. The attitude towards coffee is cautious, because of the caffeine and the risk of dehydration. Still fizzy drinks, store-bought juices and alcohol are prohibited. Most drinks are easy and simple to prepare at home and give any weight loss a touch of pleasantness, taste, facilitate the process of liberation from excess weight.