Many people dream of shedding extra pounds today. If there is a desire, there are amazing suggestions that can realize it. For example, to lose 10 kg in a week by means of a beer diet. This ignores the basis of overweight correction – the level of the adipose tissue hormone – leptin – in the blood. About how the human body reacts to such extreme suggestions, you will learn from the article.
- What we know about beer.
- What the beer diet means.
- Advantages and disadvantages.
- Special remarks.
What we know about beer
Beer is a high-calorie product that is equal to bread in its nutritional properties. So can we expect to lose weight by using it as a base? It turns out, yes. based on what? First, it is believed that the beer is not such a caloric product, as it turns out on closer inspection. And dark beer is more caloric than light beer. Beer belly – the result of snacks that a person consumes along with a foamy drink, but not the beer itself. There is nothing more harmful than nuts, crackers, salted fish and chips for the body in terms of gaining extra pounds. At least because these salty “delicacies” retain water and a priori contribute to obesity.
This is all true, but only in part. All alcohol does irreparable harm to the body, especially in large quantities. And beer is drunk by the liters! And even though it has few degrees, the effect of drinking it is no different from vodka. And of course these snacks, which we have already mentioned above, are important. In combination with beer they demonstrate a killer effect on health. But if we are absolutely accurate, it is not beer and snacks that make you fat, but a metabolic disorder. And here leptin, which controls human eating behavior and is responsible for the feeling of satiety, plays a significant role. However, the result is the same: toxically altered liver and biliary system, abdominal obesity, risk of fatty liver dystrophy and hepatocyte death.
What does the beer diet mean?
So, if beer products are not good for you, then how do you lose weight with its help? The essence of getting rid of extra pounds is a low-calorie diet. It looks something like this:
- Every day you need to imbibe a liter of foamy drink (live, not canned).
- To this basis daily add other products, which are divided into several receptions:
Monday – 100 grams of buckwheat boiled in water;
Tuesday – the same grams of boiled or steamed chicken;
Wednesday – the same amount of boiled low-fat fish;
Thursday – 100 grams of boneless beef in boiled form;
Friday – any fruit, except for those containing starch;
Saturday – a liter and a half of beer, that’s all;
Sunday – only 2 liters of water.
Beer diet should not be used longer than a week. This diet is guaranteed to get rid of extra pounds.
Advantages and disadvantages
As with any diet, the beer diet has its pros and cons. Of the positives it is impossible not to mention:
- A guaranteed result, albeit unstable, since the lost kilograms will very quickly come back.
- The drink contains trace elements, vitamins and useful substances that, even if only partially, cover the body’s needs for them.
- There is no need to calculate anything, to draw up a menu, it is necessary to follow a ready-made diet, and that’s it.
Now about the disadvantages, which are many times greater:
- Due to protein deficiency and fluid retention, pastosity of tissues develops, edema.
- Problems with the digestive system are guaranteed, flatulence from hyperproduction of carbon dioxide.
- Exacerbation of pre-existing somatic diseases, since there is no necessary for normal digestion and absorption of milk and its derivatives.
- The predominance of female sex hormones – estrogens – the male organism is able to rearrange itself in a female way with deposition of fat on the hips and belly.
- Because beer stimulates the synthesis of digestive enzymes and there isn’t enough to eat there is an unquenchable feeling of hunger which is provoked by the disturbance of the level of two hormones in blood: leptin and ghrelin.
- Because of the small number of calories you can’t do anything active, you get weakness, lethargy and headaches.
- Inability to drive for a week, to do high-precision work.
- Risk of developing hepatitis and cirrhosis.
- The fat will stay in place because the weight loss will come at the expense of the hypotrophy of the muscles.
The diet is categorically contraindicated:
- everyone under the age of 21;
- the elderly;
- patients with any chronic pathologies;
- alcoholics, including former alcoholics;
- women who are carrying or nursing infants;
- patients with immunodeficiencies;
- anyone taking medications that are incompatible with alcohol.
If the decision to lose weight on the beer diet is made, you must remember that:
- It is necessary to drink at least 2 liters of water a day (40 ml per 1 kg of weight).
- Do not eat later than eight o’clock in the evening.
- You must exclude sugar, salt, spices from the diet.
- The diet should not last more than a week.
- Repeat only in a month.
Trying this method it is guaranteed that you can get rid of a few extra pounds by slowing down your metabolism and you won’t have time to seriously damage your health in a week. But it is better to choose a safer method, which, although slower, will help to achieve the same results, preserving health.